Friday, June 5, 2009

DVDs on TV- for people who don't have the attention span to watch a 2 hour movie!


I love DVDs on TV, they are my most prized possessions. Seriously, they are mentioned in my will! Sorry kids Auntie Claire called dibs.
I checked Friday Night Lights: Season 1 out from the library and just loved it! I am now on Season 3! It is a series based on the bestselling book and full length movie.
Great characters and surprisingly for adults as well as teens (most shows which take place in high school makes me ill, I did not like it the first time and don't want to go back even on TV). It is not a comedy but a realistic portrayal of a small Texas town where football is king and Friday nights at the game is as sacred as Sunday morning at church. You will fall in love with the characters, they will become part of your family. We went to my daughter's powder puff game and sat in the bleachers and tried to "find" the characters. We had Tyra picked out in a second. Come by the library and put it on hold, you have a week to watch it but I bet it won't take that long. Go Panthers!

No comments:

Post a Comment