Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Summer of Stalking Southern Writers

I thought I would do something fun this summer so I am traveling to some of the cities and towns that add flavor to my favorite books. First stop...Natchez, Mississippi. Greg Iles sets a lot of his thrillers in his hometown of Natchez. The Quiet Game is the first Penn Cage novel. He returns home from Houston (after the death of his wife) to find his father being blackmailed and is then talked into investigating an unsolved civil rights murder that some people in the town had just as soon stay unsolved...this book pulls you in and does not let go!

Turning A
ngel is a little risque. The most popular girl in school is brutally murdered and all clues lead to her boyfriend, the forty-year-old, married doctor! And the doc is Penn's best friend. Penn has to clear his friends name and navigate the waters of teenagers, sex and drug dealing. This book is not for the faint of heart.

I just loved Natchez, the people were friendly, the town was quaint, and the coffee at the Natchez Coffee Co, was delish! I am looking forward to a visit again soon.

Greg's books are a little more graphic than I usually read but that is probably what keeps me coming back, I never know what is going to happen next. Devil's Punchbowl is being released July 7th, be sure to place a hold for your copy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment