So I have found a wonderful little "handbook" that will help you cope with the back to school blues, The Woman who is always tan and has a flat stomach: and other annoying people by Lauren Allison and Lisa Perry. This book helps you identify and coexist with amazingly perfect women such as:
- The nutrition mom who needs to be resuscitated after finding out you fed her child a hot dog
- The perfect stage mom who wants the kindergarten class to perform The Bitter Tears of Petra Von Kant
- The perfect Halloween mom who carves 43 pumpkins in the image of the U.S. Presidents
- The woman who has dinner completed every day by 10 a.m.
- The culinary mom who brings crab aspic and red pepper coulis to her child's school for snacktime
After reading this book you and I can at least have a little chuckle when you come in contact with the Mrs. Perfects of the world - and don't feel bad about your little chuckle, because they are probably having a little chuckle too; because if you are like me you only put make up on one eye and your bra strap is showing - again.