Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Owed* to Celia

Owed* to Celia

Celia, Celia how do I say,
your books help me get through the day?

I love your wit,
it makes me laugh and I can't quit.

You have a way,
of laughing at everyday.

I wish I could write just like you,
that would be really cool.

*Yeah I know the fancy folks would say ode but I feel like I owe Celia so much.

Celia Rivenbark has a new book. You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning. It is hilarious! I am hoping for a school function or an appointment with the guidance counselor so I can show up reading this. That way I can embarrass those children of mine, it will make up for all the times I have had to chase after them in Wal-Mart while they were screaming "stranger, stranger" or my personal favorite "You are not my mommy".

No comments:

Post a Comment