Tuesday, September 8, 2009

To Be Continued...this post is completely Claire's idea.




Some of your favorite authors are up to their old tricks again... in a good way!

Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain
This is the third in this series that started with Heartsick and was followed by Sweetheart. Clif recommended this book to me and initially I was a little disturbed: a female serial killer, the cop who she tortured to the brink of death, and a 20 something reporter with pink hair. Let me think: No way am I reading this book! But I cautiously opened it, I mean you don't want to disappoint the new director right off. Anyway, it was fabulous! I really liked the story it was suspenseful and I never guessed the killer! So back to the point Evil at Heart is being released September 1st so be sure to get on the list for it at the library.


The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
The eagerly anticipated third Robert Langdon book will hit the shelves September 15th.


The Nanny Returns by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
Nanny is back on December 15th! This follows The Nanny Diaries. It is now a decade later and nanny is back in New York City. She is now married to HH and he wants to start a family. Nanny is a little apprehensive. Grayson is fifteen now and comes back into Nanny's life. Be sure to read the first one, oh and there is also the movie starring Scarlett Johansson.


U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton
December 1st!!!! Merry Christmas to me. I just love Kinsey, she is my favorite fictitious character. She is kind of a loner, has an all-purpose black dress, drives a Volkswagen beetle, runs three miles a day and carries a gun! I can't wait for her to get to Z and see how it ends, but then it will be over and then what will I do? I guess it is a good thing I have such a lousy memory, I can start all over again. You know what else ...maybe we can get Sue to write childrens books! You know like the Cam Jansen series. The title to the first couple can be "Little A is for Accident on the Playground" and "Little B is for Burglary of Britney Blevin's Math Book". I would read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment