Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jess, Jess, Jess

Ok...so I have just stopped reading the new Jodi Picoult. This is the second book in the last few months that I have had to stop reading for the same reason...one of the main characters is named Jess. I just can't read a book with a murder victim that is about the same age as my child and has my child's name. I tried to block it out or to substitute another name but I could not do it. While I am not really superstitious I do not want to press my luck.

I was reading House Rules last night and Jess's (not mine, book Jess) body was being discovered. Jeez, did everyone decide Jess was the "it" name? So I immediately turned to the end to see how everything shook out, you never know with Jodi's books. Which brings me to the first book I read with Jess as a character...Not My Daughter by Barbara Delinsky. This book was about 4 teenage girls who enter a pregnancy pact....now what came first the book idea or the Bones episode. Anyway, one of the pregos was named...you guessed it. I am sorry but Jess had not graduated at this point and I had really been on her case to join a club in school...I was just hoping not anything like this! So I put that book in the trunk of my car so none of the bad juju would escape into the house.

So from now own I will have to read the blurb a little better because apparently when ever there is a Jess in a book nothing good will become of her! Humm...I have not read any books with Josh in them but as I typing this I am thinking that some aspiring writer has just named his next psycho....guess what?

No comments:

Post a Comment