Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A book for all of your summer moods...

We are midway through summer break....you know the point where you are hot, tired and cranky. I am off my sleep schedule so I do not want to get up in the morning, my legs stick to my car seats, and my hair is big.

Also, if I hear "Mom, you promised me a Josh day (a day when we do everything Josh wants)"  I will SCREAM!!!

Jim wants to go to the lake all the time but we don't ever go in the water. Our vacation "trailer" may as well be in the middle of no where.

Jess is getting her first taste of grown up life. She is working full time in retail. So she cannot do laundry of anything else because she has to work full time. I feel so sorry for you. Yeah right.

So I  have decided to come up with a book to get through all of the sticky situations the summer brings. Enjoy!

Pool party a little boring?
Sylvan Street by Deborah Schupack
Take a ride to Sylvan Street where a million dollars is found in a suitcase during the summer kick off party. Funny things are happening in the suburbs.

Feel like running away?
Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson
Ro gets her fortune told "Kill your husband or he will kill you". So after she cannot bring her self to shoot him Ro decides to runaway and digs up a lot of family secrets along the way.

Eating too much ice cream?
703: how I lost more than a quarter ton and gained a life by Nancy Makin
Nancy lost over 500 pounds surely I can take off that last ten.

Feel like blowing something up?
Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich
Janet has moved on from blowing up Steph's cars to blowing up buildings....

Heat making a move to Alaska sound reasonable?
Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke
Visit Minnesota just in time for the Winter Carnival...and for a little homicide too.

Embroiled in a love triangle (a girl can dream can't she)?
Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
A single mother falls for the surgeon who attends to her son's injuries. Meanwhile his wife is questioning the choices she is making. This book alternates between Tessa (the wife) and Vicki (the other woman) and yet kept me from choosing sides.

Feel like your vacation is going the way of the Griswold's visit to Wallyworld?
The Starter Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer.
Gracie's husband just left her for a much younger pop star. She heads to Malibu to get a break from Hollywood. I am really attracted to food and runaway wife books, I wonder why?

Have a Happy Rest of Summer!

1 comment:

  1. Your book choices sound like fun. My new favorite author is Craig Johnson, who writes mysteries set in Montana. It's cooler up there, right?

    ReplyDelete