Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wicked fun...

Halloween is but a memory. We went to White Lake for the annual festival and trick or treating. We had Shaggy, Fred, and Daphne from Scooby-Doo. Josh is getting a little too old for dress up so I made his costume. Well I really found the idea on the web and Amanda did the physical labor. He was "The Lame Excuse". We stapled post-it notes to his sweatshirt with excuses written on them. The dog ate my homework, etc…and the best part, we made him walk around hobbling, using a cane. I don't think he every got the "lame" part. My Grandpa loves coming up to scare kids and give out treats. Grandma is the candy police. You can hear her a block away screaming "Woodrow, do not give the kid in the robot costume any more candy. He has been by here three times already." Maybe Grandma was the one actually scaring the kids.  What fun! I am hoping Bronson will be old enough to join the fun next year.

Note to self: eating five pounds of chocolate will make you sick. It is not just an urban legend.

Halloween weekend reading:
Tressed to kill by Lila Dare
Beautcians, tourist town in GA, dead snobby lady...totally my kind of read. What does that say about me?

How they croaked by Georgia Bragg
Distrbing details of the great deaths in history. Marie Antoinette, King Tut, Edgar Allen Poe to name a few. Grossest book! And I mean that in the best possible way.







No comments:

Post a Comment