Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nobody knows the trouble...

I would like to talk about a very serious problem facing our elderly dogs...back problems! My crazy, neurotic Bella hurt her back. In my usual flair for drama I immediately called Pumpkin and my Granny and told her Bella couldn't walk and that the end was near. So Jim in his usual fix it manner runs out and gets Bella and me each cheeseburgers and french fries. We let her sleep on the couch with a heating pad for the night. Jim decides to sleep with her because I kick in my sleep and we did not want to hurt her more.
The next morning Bella is up and walking. Still a little sore but mobile none the less. She is even eating Annabelle's (Jim's doggie) leftover kibble. Jim packs her up and takes her to see the doggie doctor. I had a doctor's appointment today too so I am not able to be there for the vet appointment. I am oddly relieved.
Long and short after extensive diagnosing (I think they consulted House) and a few hundred dollarswe discovered that Bella has a herniated disk and is on doggie bed rest for a couple of weeks. She is also on steroids and a diet since she is a little porky which is not good for her back. The diagnosis was similar for  me. I need to lose 20 pounds too. Mine is a cholesterol problem although my back would probably thank me too.


Anyway, I will NOT be reading the following books ever-----
Marley and Me by John Grogan
Crazy, neurotic dog with a heart of gold. Just like Bella.
Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron
Almost frozen kitten dropped in a library book drop in Iowa. Cat looks just like Atticus.
Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper
About a blind cat...I would be dehydrated from crying.
A Friend Like Henry by Nuala Gardner
Autistic boy and the family pet.


No comments:

Post a Comment