Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Calling Dr. House

For anyone who has been living under a rock, House ended its eight year run, Monday night. I am grief stricken...it is not going to be nearly as funny running around the house yelling "It's NOT Lupus!" every time someone stumps their toe.

And when they were putting Jim in the ICU, which has the glass wall rooms just like Princeton-Plainsboro, he looked over at me and said "Sweetie, if you see a doctor with a bottle of Vicodin and a cane out in the hall...get him in here!"

Of course my doctor will be glad there are no more new episodes. I have started using doctor lingo like "Yes, I think there is lung involvement" or "Hey, Doc can we just give him steroids 'cause on House that really fixes a lot of stuff?"

The only thing I regret is Amber (Cutthroat B%&*+) dying. She was my favorite, you know, the cute girl version of House, and we all know that cute girls can be the meanest. The body count would be impressive if she were head of diagnostics.

I also loved the guest stars. I bet people were lining up to get a "House disease". James Earl Jones, Meatloaf, Carl Reiner, Elizabeth Mitchell, LL Cool J.

So first Monk, now House and only 6 more episodes of The Closer...after the summer I will not even need cable.

Well we can enjoy House for years to come...here at the Library! We have Seasons 1-7, with 8 coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment